To evaporate the alcohol from the tincture for children, the elderly or those with a sensitive constitution:
- A small measuring cup for (ml)
- A small pan with pouring spout (a milk pan)
- Filtered Water
- Tincture or Fluid Extract
- Bring a pan of 200ml of filtered water to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and add tinctures directly to the water.
- Set aside for 10-20 minutes and allow the ethanol (alcohol) to fully evaporate as the water cools.
- Pour the liquid into a mug and sip.
If you are taking several different Tinctures or Fluid Extracts at one time then it is recommended and safe to blend the tinctures together and decant from a master blend bottle on a daily basis.
Here at Indigo Herbs we supply the finest quality pharmacoepial grade Herbal Tinctures and Fluid Extracts. Browse through the comprehensive selection on our Herbal tincture page. We go to great lengths to ensure the herbs are all pharmacoepial grade and will be of greatest benefit to you. We supply the popular tinctures like Echinacea Purpurea Tincture and Milk Thistle Tincture as well as many lesser known herbs such as Rhodiola Rosea tincture and Siberian Ginseng tincture.
Herbal Tinctures and Herbal Fluid extracts are an excellent way to preserve the herbs and prolong the shelf life by preserving the active phyto-chemicals in alcohol for up to four years. Herbs have been prepared in this way traditionally for thousands of years. Because the active constituents of the herb have been extracted from the plant matter this makes Tinctures and Herbal Extracts easily absorbable by the body, as the phyto-chemicals directly enter the blood stream. Tinctures are normally recommended to be taken three times per day, over a period of 4-6 weeks.