Indigo Herbs Benzoin Incense Resin is a superior quality grade incense that can be together arousing and grounding. Creates a lovely sacred ambience. Benzoin resin relieves nervous tensions and headaches and thus facilitates intellectual concentration.
At Indigo Herbs we are passionate about premium quality botanicals. Explore the tabs on this page to find out more about the quality, manufacture and suggested use of this incense. At Indigo Herbs we are committed to empowering optimum health and nutrition and assisting you to take responsibility for your own health and wellbeing, by having access to many of natures healing botanicals.
Also known as: Strax resin, Gum benzoin, Gum benjamin.
Natural incense resins are simple and easy to use. The resins, dried leaves and woods need to be burnt to release their aromatic smoke. This smoke is a 100% pure and a great natural way to perfume a room. The resin is burnt on small charcoal disks, the disks need to be set in a heat resistant container for safety purposes. We recommend a purpose made incense burner that is made from brass.
The charcoal disk is lit and as it smoulders and turns grey the natural incense resins can be added. Additional incense can be added until the charcoal has burnt down. This incense experience is aromatic, heady and sensual. Why not bring out your inner perfume maker and enjoy blending different resins together to create the ideal aroma for an occasion. For full instructions go to our How to blend and use Incense page.
1. Take a lighter or match to a Charcoal disk, and when it is fully alight then set it safely into a charcoal disk holder, or heat resistant receptacle.
2. When the charcoal disk has turned grey and ash like, then add a couple of tears of plant resin, powder, bark or chips.
3. This plant matter will begin to smolder and release an aromatic smoke.
4. Set the lid on the charcoal burner, and enjoy the sensual experience of the aroma pervading the room.
5. Add more incense when required.
- Produced to GMP standards.
- Quality Assured by Indigo Herbs.
- 100% pure botanical ingredients, absolutely nothing added.
Resin is tapped from a tree. This is done by scraping the bark and allowing the resins to bleed out and harden. These hardened resins are called tears.
Tapping is done 2 to 3 times a year with the final taps producing the best tears due to their higher aromatic chemical content.