Indigo Herbs is a well-established and fast-growing manufacturer and online retailer of natural health & nutrition products. We currently sell both nationally and internationally to retail and trade customers. We manufacture products onsite under our own brand and sell guest brands, offering over 2000 product lines
Indigo Herbs’ mission is to make quality natural health & nutrition a choice that is available and affordable to everyone so that as many people as possible can take responsibility for their own health & nutrition, fulfil their greatest potential and collectively we can be the best we can.
Contract type: Permanent
Interviews: To be confirmed
Start date: ASAP
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week) (Shifts will include Monday to Saturday between 9 and 5.30 over 5 shifts) | Job sharing will be considered
Salary: £23,344 to £26,696
As a supervisor at Indigo Herbs, you help ensure the success of delivering Indigo Herbs’ mission and you are an integral part in implementing and delivering the goals and objectives of the organisation.
You will be reporting to the management team and supervising two small teams. This is a hands-on role in a busy always changing environment where you will be working alongside our fulfilment operatives picking, packing and dispatching orders as well as our customer service operatives.
Within this role you are responsible for ensuring we deliver perfect orders to customers on time and gold standard customer service.
- Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Have a clear understanding of the company’s vision, mission, and strategy.
- Oversee the smooth day-to-day running of Customer Service and Fulfilment teams.
- Understand and oversee all Customer Service and Fulfilment processes.
- Provide effective leadership and maintain positive culture within your teams.
- Motivating, organising, directing and encouraging the team to ensure targets are met.
- Take ownership and accountability for all issues as they arise within your work area.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture amongst all staff.
- Plan the work rotas and deploy available staff appropriately.
- Ensure all deliveries are received, checked and booked correctly.
- Resolve any incoming goods issues with the purchasing team and suppliers.
- Safeguard good stock management and housekeeping standards.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Ensure that gold standard customer service is achieved, and our customer service and fulfilment promises are fulfilled.
- Ensure emails and phone calls are responded to on time and to the correct standards.
- Assist with development and implementation of policies and processes.
- Oversee and resolve any problem orders or customers whose situation requires a supervisory approach and resolution.
- Work some shifts in the customer service & fulfilment teams.
- Organising & overseeing training of customer service & fulfilment staff.
- Investigating and solving customer service complaints.
- Provide & oversee communication between your teams.
- Troubleshooting any technical issues with any systems within the department and overseeing escalation to tech or other departments in the business.
- Additional duties as required.
The Sucessful Candidate
The successful candidate will
- Want to contribute to the success of the company and be willing to go the extra mile in order to do so.
- Have a passion for our products and providing an exceptional service for our customers.
- Enjoy thinking on their feet, adapting to the exciting changes working for a growing company can bring
- Have great communication skills (writing, speaking and listening).
- Have excellent delegation and teamwork skills and experience working at a supervisory level
- Have the ability to stay calm and positive in all situations.
- Be able to work well under pressure and prioritise workloads.
- Have excellent computer skills and the ability to quickly learn how to use new systems.
- Be able to support a team troubleshooting basic computer & IT issues.
- Have good numerical skills.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Manage their own time effectively.
- Have stock / inventory management experience.
- Have awareness of relevant regulatory, GDP, security, GDPR and H&S requirements.
- Feel comfortable evaluating staff performance and providing feedback
- Thrive in a multi-tasking environment keeping well organised and good humoured regardless of the demands.
The Application Process
To apply, fill in this online application form.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email and those selected for interview will be invited to meet us at our Glastonbury headquarters. We regret we cannot respond to all applications.