At Indigo Herbs we pride ourselves on sourcing premium quality herbs, superfoods, wholefoods and supplements. Since we opened for business in 2004, our focus has always been on providing exceptionally high quality products at affordable prices.
When sourcing our products, we pay close attention to the growing and manufacture process, as well as taking into consideration environmental issues and the farming practices used.
Our strong customer base and excellent reviews are testament to the time and effort we put in to ensuring only the best products reach our shelves.
All of our products are tested to meet stringent safety standards using multiple methods. We adhere to Good Manufacture Practices (GMP) and all products are thoroughly analysed and tested.
Our Quality Assurance Scheme looks at a number of issues before we bring a new product into our line. These include:
- Certification of Analysis
- Safety testing and checks
- Country of origin
- Farming practices
- Manufacture – how is the product prepared/dried to ensure the delicate nutrients and enzymes are preserved
- Packaging – is it eco-friendly?
- Storage to ensure optimum freshness
- Nutrient content
Upon arrival to Indigo Herbs warehouse, further systems are in place to ensure only the highest quality goods are sold. These include:
- Products are clearly named and botanically identified (including the scientific name).
- The information we receive from the manufacturer clearly identifies where the botanical material is from, and/or where it is manufactured.
- The information we receive from the manufacturer must clearly state how the products were manufactured and preserved.
- The products must clearly state the shelf life and best before date, ensuring the product remains fresh, potent and nutritionally stable.
- Our dry products are stored in resealable airtight foil pouches to ensure maximum freshness.
- Our liquid products are stored in pharmacopeial grade brown glass bottles.
- Our products have full traceability. If necessary, we can recall the full details and origin of a product from the batch number.
- Our products have a Certificate of Analysis demonstrating that they are tested for appearance, taste, odour, constituents, microbiology levels, heavy metals & pesticides.
- Our products are 100% pure botanical materials with absolutely nothing added. (No hidden bulking agents)
- Our production facility is fully compliant with Mendip District council’s Food Safety, and Health & Safety standards.
- Our products contain ingredients from suppliers who are fully compliant with their Environmental health departments, and who follow GMP. (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Our Organic products are certified by The Organic Food Federation GB-ORG-04. These policies are based on the European standards – EU council regulations 834/2007 & 889/2008.
- We have graphics to demonstrate our quality standards: quality, organic, gluten free and vegan.
We have adopted the standards set out by The Organic Food Federation GB-ORG-04 which are themselves based largely on the EU Council Regulation 834/2007.
When you buy our organic products you can be sure that;
- 100% of their ingredients have been suppli ed to Indigo Herbs certified as organic by trusted third party organic certification bodies,
- ie: those that also comply with EU Council Regulation 834/2007 or 889/2008.
- They have met all the criteria set for basic quality assurance.
We work hard to constantly improve and maintain our Quality Policies. These are revised and updated on a regular basis.
Indigo Herbs Team