Indigo Herbs Bergamot Pure Essential Oil is a refreshing and uplifting botanical, that has many uses. Finest quality oil from Citrus bergamia. It is used traditionally to ease emotional anxiety and grief. It is an anti-depressant and its light and fruity top note aroma can bring back enthusiasm and banish apathy.
At Indigo Herbs we are passionate about premium quality botanicals. Explore the tabs on this page to find out more about the quality, manufacture and suggested use of this essential oil. At Indigo Herbs we are committed to empowering optimum health and nutrition and assisting you to take responsibility for your own health and wellbeing, by having access to many of natures healing botanicals.
Can be blended with:
- To soothe the pain of emotional loss or grief: Bergamot, Sandalwood and Rose Otto.
- To clear oily skin: Bergamot, Mandarin and Geranium.
- To uplift depression: Bergamot, Neroli, Lavender, and Geranium.
- To relieve anxiety and stress: Bergamot, Ylang ylang, Sandalwood, and Mandarin.
Bergamot has a wonderfully uplifting aroma, and it is used traditionally in Aromatherapy for depression, low self-esteem, melancholy and anxiety. It is refreshing and invigorating. It is indicated as good for banishing stress and promoting confidence. Bergamot is named after Bergamo in Italy where it is was first popularized and sold in the 16th century.
Using Aromatherapy in your daily routine is simple, easy and can be enormously beneficial. Pure neat essential oils can be evaporated into the environment and inhaled while products that have already been diluted in an oil can be applied straight to the skin. There are lots of different ways to utilize the pure neat essential oils; these can be made into a room spray or used in an an essential oil burner/ vaporizer.
This is a lovely way to perfume an environment and essential oils are very good at affecting the mood, mind and emotions when evaporated into the air. Adding essential oils to your bath is the best way to ensure the oils are absorbed through the pores of the skin while also inhaling the vapors; maximum benefit can then be had whilst enjoying a soak. Additionally the neat oils can be diluted into a carrier medium. This can be a cream, body butter, face cream, vegetable body oil and bath salts to name a few. For full instructions go to our How to use Aromatherapy page.
- Bergamot essential oil can be used in the bath for uplifting the spirits and easing the mind of emotional anxiety or apathy, or it can be vaporised in an oil burner to create an uplifting and calming atmosphere.
- It can be added to a massage oil or cream and used as a emotionally nurturing body oil. It can clear and cleanse oily or problem skin including acne when applied to the skin in a face cream.
- Use 6-8 drops per bath and 10 -18 drops per 30ml of carrier oil.
- See Essential Oil Dosage Chart
- Produced to GMP standards (Logo)
- Quality Assured by Indigo Herbs. (link to Quality statement)
- 100% pure botanical ingredients, absolutely nothing added.
- Bottled in a pharmacoepial grade brown glass bottle.
Our essential oils are manufactured to GMP standards using eithor steam distillation, extraction or expression. During steam distillation the plant matter is put into boiling water or infused with steam. The steam is collected and the oils are separated from the water. During extraction, a solvent is used to extract the oil, by creating a concrete. This concrete is made up of plant matter, resins, waxes, and essential oils. A second solvent, such as ethyl alcohol is used to extract the essential oils from the concrete, this creates an absolute. During expression the plant matter is pressed (at cool temperatures) to release the oils.
Bergamot is a photosensitive oil and should not be exposed on the skin to sunlight directly.