10 Pure Chocolates from Indigo Herbs - premium quality ingredients, nutritious and delicious and a healthy alternative to other confectionery. Our Pure Chocolate is hand crafted in Glastonbury by the Indigo Herbs team using only the finest ingredients. They are sugar free, dairy free, guilt free, hand-crafted and deserving of its affectionate title of 'super-food of the Gods'. Pure Chocolate naturally contains over 300 nutritional compounds, essential minerals and feel good phyto-chemicals.
At Indigo Herbs we are passionate about premium quality botanicals. Explore the tabs on this page to find out more about the health benefits, quality, manufacture and suggested use of this superfood. At Indigo Herbs we are committed to empowering optimum health and nutrition and assisting you to take responsibility for your own health and wellbeing, by having access to many of natures healing botanicals.
Natural Chocolate contains:
- Source of Magnesium: Cacao is one of the top 10 Magnesium rich foods. Magnesium relaxes muscles and strengthens bones and improves circulation.
- Vitamin C: Our Powder is high in Vitamin C, which supports the immune system, acts as an anti-oxidant and relieves exhaustion and stress.
- Calcium: Our Powder is high in Calcium which is essential to bones and teeth.
- Iron: Cacao is also a source of Iron. Iron oxygenates the blood and reduces fatigue.
- Protein: Our Cacao Powder is high in Protein with 21.5g providing 8.6% of the RDA.
- Flavanoids: This nutritionally rich food is known to have twice the concentration of antioxidants found in red wine and three times of that found in green tea.
This is partly due to the Flavonoids. Flavonoids improve the absorption of both Vitamin C and Iron.
- Also contains feel good Phyto-chemicals including Theobromine.
- Cacao makes an excellent supplement for women during the monthly cycle as it is high in Magnesium. It can relieve muscle cramps and as source of Iron is good for the blood.
- Favoured by Athletes for muscle recovery and energy.
- It makes an excellent healthy treat for both children and adults.
Natural Chocolate is simple and easy to make.
The Chocolate ingredients must be handled carefully, the Cacao Butter must be melted over a bowl of boiling water. When the butter has liquefied, the dry ingredients can be stirred in.
Firstly add flavourings such as vanilla powder, then Cacao powder, then sweetener such as Agave Syrup.
The chocolate is still runny at this stage so must be poured into moulds before it sets. The moulds can be put in a freezer to set for 20 minutes, then the chocolate easily pops out of the mould. For full instruction go to our How to make Raw Chocolate Page.
Per single chocolate approx 16g
Per portion % RDA (reference intake of an average adult)
of which saturates
of which sugars
Total Omega-3 fatty acids
Total Omega-6 fatty acids
RDA: reference intake of an average adult
- Produced to GMP standards.
- Quality Assured by Indigo Herbs.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Gluten free.
- Re-sealable air tight, foil pouch.
- 100% pure botanical ingredients, absolutely nothing added.
Our Pure Chocolate is hand crafted in Glastonbury using only the finest chocolate ingredients. We are very careful during the manufacture process to ensure that the ingredients are not heated over 114 Farenheit (45 Celius). This ensures that the phyto-nutrients are not destroyed and that Indigo Herbs Pure Chocolate really is nutritious and delicious.
Organic Cacao Butter
Organic Cacao Powder
Organic Agave Syrup
Organic Pure Vanilla Powder