Cacao Nibs from Indigo Herbs are Certified Organic 100% pure, raw, unheated and untreated. These nutrient rich Organic Cacao nibs can be eaten daily as snacks. Organic Cacao Nibs taste delicious when mixed with nuts, seeds and fruits.
At Indigo Herbs we are passionate about premium quality botanicals. Explore the tabs on this page to find out more about the health benefits, quality, manufacture and suggested use of this superfood. At Indigo Herbs we are committed to empowering optimum health and nutrition and assisting you to take responsibility for your own health and wellbeing, by having access to many of nature’s healing botanicals.
Also known as: Criolla cacao, Kakaw, Cocoa
- Our Cacao Nibs are deliciously chocolatey but Low in sugar.
- High in Magnesium: Cacao is one of the top 10 Magnesium rich foods. Magnesium relaxes muscles and strengthens bones and improves circulation. Our Nibs and Beans are high in this mineral. 35g serving provides 25% of the RDA. (This means about 20 Beans)
- Source of Potassium: This mineral is essential to the function of the nervous system, muscle function and maintenance of normal blood pressure.
- Also contains feel good phyto-nutrients.
- Cacao makes an excellent supplement for women during the monthly cycle, as it is high in Magnesium it can relieve muscle cramps, and a source of Iron is good for the blood. It is also favoured by Athletes, for muscle recovery, and energy.
- It makes an excellent healthy treat for both children and adults.
Natural Chocolate is simple and easy to make.
The Chocolate ingredients must be handled carefully, the Cacao Butter must be melted over a bowl of boiling water. When the butter has liquefied, the dry ingredients can be stirred in.
Firstly add flavourings such as vanilla powder, then Cacao powder, then sweetener such as Agave Syrup.
The chocolate is still runny at this stage so must be poured into moulds before it sets. The moulds can be put in a freezer to set for 20 minutes, then the chocolate easily pops out of the mould. For full instruction go to our How to make Raw Chocolate Page.
- Cacao has a wonderful light heavenly aroma, and slightly bitter sweet chocolate taste, it can be enjoyed in its pure intense form or it can be sweetened with a naturally sweet super-foods such as coconut blossom nectar, fruit powders, dried fruit, dried berries, agave nectar, honey, or the herbal sugar free sweetener Stevia.
- All our Raw Organic Cacao ingredients can be used to make raw smoothies, raw chocolate bars, raw chocolate cakes and desserts. The nibs can be added to muesli, yogurts, cereals, trail mix and flapjacks, for a delicious super-nutritious addition.
Use as required.
Daily Portion in grams
Energy KJ/ Kcal
of which saturates
RDA: reference intake of an average adult
- Certified Organic by The Organic Food Federation. (OFF logo)
- Produced to GMP standards (Logo)
- Quality Assured by Indigo Herbs. (link to Quality statement)
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans (Vegetarian society logo)
- Gluten free (Celiac Society LOGO)
- Re-sealable air tight, foil pouch (Link to cert of food spec pouch)
- 100% pure botanical ingredients, absolutely nothing added.
Our Cacao products are from a fair trade supplier in Peru, from the rich and fertile soils of South America. The Latin name Theobroma Cacao literally means food of the Gods. There is a great history of use of Cacao in South America and the beans were once valued so highly that they were used as currency.
The cacao pods are hand harvested and after harvesting and fermentation has completed, the beans are spread out on the ground and allowed to dry under the sun. Once fully dried, the cacao beans are carefully cleaned and sorted to remove any poor quality beans, and passed over magnets to remove even the smallest impurities. They are dehydrated as a heat-free alternative to roasting, then winnowed to separate the beans from the husks and finally roughly broken into small crunchy Cacao Nibs.
Much like coffee, raw cacao acts as a stimulant, which at the least can negatively affect sleep and at worst may agitate kidneys.
Organic Cacao Nibs (Raw)
19 days ago
Found to be very useful for blood health & in use for couple of years.
one month ago
Always first rate! Indigo herbs are first rate. The best on Internet shopping thank you very much for excellent service.
Mr Sam Ashby
one year ago
Fresh and intense flavour
one year ago
Nice crunchiness added to chocolate while keeping it raw and healthy