Indigo Herbs Organic Cacao Paste is 100% pure. This fair-trade nutrient rich paste can be used to make chocolate. Organic Cacao Paste tastes delicious when melted down and mixed with natural sweetener, nuts, seeds and fruits.
At Indigo Herbs we are passionate about premium quality botanicals. Explore the tabs on this page to find out more about the health benefits, quality, manufacture and suggested use of this superfood. At Indigo Herbs we are committed to empowering optimum health and nutrition and assisting you to take responsibility for your own health and wellbeing, by having access to many of nature’s healing botanicals.
Also known as: Criolla Cacao, Kakaw, Cocoa
- Our Cacao paste is low in sugar but still gives that chocolate taste.
- Vitamin C: Our paste is high in Vitamin C, which supports the immune system, acts as an anti-oxidant and relieves exhaustion and stress.
- Calcium: Our paste is high in Calcium, which is essential to bones and teeth.
- Iron: Cacao is also a source of Iron. Iron oxygenates the blood and reduces fatigue.
- Also contains feel good Phyto-nutrients, including Theobromine.
- Cacao makes an excellent supplement for women during the monthly cycle, as it contains Magnesium it can relieve muscle cramps, and a source of Iron is good for the blood. It is also favoured by Athletes, for muscle recovery, and energy.
- It makes an excellent healthy treat for both children and adults.
- Cacao paste is the essential ingredient for Raw Chocolate.
Natural Chocolate is simple and easy to make.
The Chocolate ingredients must be handled carefully, the Cacao Butter must be melted over a bowl of boiling water. When the butter has liquefied, the dry ingredients can be stirred in.
Firstly add flavourings such as vanilla powder, then Cacao powder, then sweetener such as Agave Syrup.
The chocolate is still runny at this stage so must be poured into moulds before it sets. The moulds can be put in a freezer to set for 20 minutes, then the chocolate easily pops out of the mould. For full instruction go to our How to make Raw Chocolate Page.
- Cacao has a wonderful light heavenly aroma, and slightly bitter sweet chocolate taste, it can be enjoyed in its pure intense form or it can be sweetened with a naturally sweet super-foods such as coconut blossom nectar, fruit powders, dried fruit, dried berries, agave nectar, honey, or the herbal sugar free sweetener Stevia.
- All our Organic Cacao ingredients can be used to make raw smoothies, chocolate bars, chocolate cakes and desserts. The Cacao paste can be melted down and used to make Chocolate, or it can be grated over foods to add that Low sugar chocolate flavour.
Use as required.
Daily Portion in grams
Energy KJ/ Kcal
of which saturates
RDA: reference intake of an average adult
- Certified Organic by The Organic Food Federation.
- Produced to GMP standards
- Quality Assured by Indigo Herbs. (link to Quality statement)
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Gluten free
- Re-sealable air tight, foil pouch
- 100% pure botanical ingredients, absolutely nothing added.
Our Cacao products are from a fair trade supplier in Peru, from the rich and fertile soils of South America. The Latin name Theobroma cacao literally means food of the Gods. There is a great history of use of Cacao in South America and the beans were once valued so highly that they were used as currency.
The Cacao beans are harvested, and left to ferment in boxes for a few days, then they are laid on trays and sundried. Next the shells are removed and the nibs are retained, then the nibs are then milled until they turn into Cacao liquor or Cacao paste. The mass is then pressed, so that the Cacao butter is excreted and a solid Cacao cake is left. The cake is then ground into powder, and the butter is retained.
Much like coffee, pure cacao acts as a stimulant, which at the least can negatively affect sleep and at worst may agitate kidneys.
Cacao Paste - Organic
6 months ago
Fantastic value, quality and super speedy P&P, as always!
one year ago
I should have preferred powder to paste