At Indigo Herbs we take quality seriously. We have been producing premium quality herbs & superfoods products since 2005. Many of our trade customers return to us time & time again as they have come to trust the excellent high quality products that we source & sell.
The Indigo Herbs team really appreciate the benefits of pure, premium quality pharmacopial grade herbs & superfoods. It is our personal passion that has lead us on to develop a comprehensive range of over 450 natural health product lines.
So we spend time researching & resourcing the best products. Being aware of the methods of manufacture that the herbs or foods have gone through is central to this.
The Indigo Herbs Quality Assurance scheme has been designed to ensure that our consumable products are of highest quality.
We are interested in
When it is tested & analysed
What Certification the product has
Where the product is from
How it is produced
How it is stored to optimise freshness
How the nutritional content is maintained and preserved
When the product arrives to us
We pride ourselves on our quality standards and always ensure that our products
- Are clearly named & correctly botanically identified (including the Latin name)
- Clearly inform where the botanical material is from, and/or where it is manufactured.
- Clearly inform how the botanical materials were produced & preserved where possible.
- Clearly inform the shelf life and best before dates for the botanical material to remain fresh, potent & nutritionally stable.
- Are packed & sealed in re-sealable air tight packaging for loose materials, and pharmacoepial grade brown glass bottles for liquids. This is to ensure optimum storage conditions for an extensive shelf life.
- Have full traceability. From the batch number we can trace & recall if necessary the full details & origin of all the ingredients a product contains.
- Our ingredients come with a certificate of analysis where possible, demonstrating that they are tested for appearance, taste, odour, constituents, microbiology levels, heavy metals & pesticides.
- Our ingredients meet pharmacoepial grade standards where appropriate.
- Are 100% pure botanical materials with absolutely nothing added. (No hidden bulking agents)
- Our production facility is fully compliant with Mendip District council’s Food Safety, and Health & Safety standards.
- Our products contain ingredients from suppliers who are fully compliant with their Environmental health departments, and who follow GMP. (Good Manufacturing Practises)
Our Organic products are certified by The Organic Food Federation GB-ORG-04. These policies are based on the European standards – EU council regulations 834/2007 & 889/2008.
We have graphics to demonstrate our quality standards: quality, organic, gluten free and vegan.
We have adopted the standards set out by The Organic Food Federation GB-ORG-04 which are themselves based largely on the EU Council Regulation 834/2007.
When you buy our organic products you can be sure that;
100% of their ingredients have been supplied to Indigo Herbs certified as organic by trusted third party organic certification bodies,
ie: those that also comply with EU Council Regulation 834/2007 or 889/2008.
They have met all the criteria set for basic quality assurance.
We work hard to constantly improve & maintain our Quality Policies at can guarantee that we will continue to do so.
Yours Indigo Herbs Team